Monthly Archives: December 2013
- Vintage clothing is better quality. Vintage clothing was not mass produced like the styles of today. Designers paid way more attention to detail, and often times great vintage pieces are hand made!
- Vintage classics never go out of style, be above the trends!
- Vintage clothing is usually less expensive. Of course some designer vintage pieces can be quite pricey, lucky you if you find these for cheap!
- Vintage clothing is unique, and often times one of a kind. No one will be wearing the same outfit as you, promise.
- Wearing vintage clothing is a great way to recycle! Be stylish and love your planet.
- Vintage clothing has history and character. If vintage could talk!
- Vintage clothing is an investment. Unless you rip or stain that lovely vintage dress you scored, it will never loose its value.
- Vintage clothing is a huge source of inspiration for many top designers. Vintage is often scouted out and patterns are replicated.
- Many celebrities wear vintage, you can dress like a celebrity at a fraction of the cost.
- The hunt for vintage is crazy fun! Great vintage is one of a kind, and so are we. To find that amazing piece that you love, and have it fit is pure awesomeness. And oh the places you will go,happy hunting!
Oh dear me..I am soooo tempted to book a ticket to Perth especially since Scoot is currently having a promotion!
Here’s an excerpt of what this article says:
“People are really getting into it. They want ethical, sustainable and recycled clothing.”
“It’s all about fashion that is sustainable and recycled as opposed to having something that has been mass produced in a factory which contributes to pollution and waste.”
“It’s nice that people are showing an interest in things that were handmade in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and breathing new life into things that would generally be abandoned.”
“I love seeing how people interpret trends with op shop finds, both on the streets and on Perth fashion blogs. Vintage is all about making an outfit your own and making something old new again and Perth’s inhabitants are doing the trend justice.”
I can’t remember exactly when it started. As I took that step of faith years ago to venture into vintage fashion, discarding the myth that this category of clothing belongs to that of my grandma’s, I found myself pleasantly surprised. From florals, prints to colors, my self confidence grew through trial and error when I realised it really isn’t that hard, honestly. I got excited about coordinating my vintage pieces and see how a breath of life can be infused into these long forgotten treasures. Sometimes with very minor alterations and when I receive compliments from friends and strangers!
One doesn’t have to be slender and tall in order to carry off vintage, like what many have mistakenly believed. All it requires is a dose of curiosity and an adventurous spirit.